Lemon is a Smartphone application for tracking monthly expenses. While, there are numerous Smartphone applications that do something similar, Lemon not only keeps track of all your expenses, it also provides you with reports to check where you actually spend your money. Every Lemon user gets an email account where they can just forward their digital receipts. As for paper receipts, just scan them in and it will digitalize them.
Lemon also allows you to record your credit card information. So if you forget anything at home, you can just show the digital card or receipt. They have also made sure that the application is IRS friendly, which means that paper receipts can be thrown away.
They have an interesting startup video pitch on their website that explains everything there is to know about Lemon. While, their startup video demo is far from typical, it does show how important demo videos are for startups. Here are the interesting features of this video:
- Jazz music playing in the background adds a soothing touch.
- 2D cartoon animation has been used to create an interactive video.
- Telling the story of how a family uses Lemon to manage their finances makes a viewer relate to it on a personal level.
- A yellow background is used in the background, while the family characters are made with a grey color. These are their corporate colors, which is apparent from one look at their website. This subtle way of using corporate colors is intelligent and has great reinforcement value.
- The video not only goes over the advantages of using the application, but also describes how Lemon works.