Powtoon started back in 2011 and instantly became the master of the DIY video-making game. Its ease of use swept everyone off their feet and proved its worth.
It has been more than 7 years since then, and a lot of newer and more exciting fish have joined them in the ocean.
A detailed analysis of these Powtoon alternatives got us thinking if Powtoon still holds the position of the top-ranked tool or should we pass around the crown!
So, we decided to list down, what according to us are the 7 best alternatives to Powtoon in order of resourcefulness. Try your hands on them and let us know what you think!
Let’s start with the one that tops our list!
The reason why we’re ranking Animaker first is not just because of its cool animation characters and eye-pleasing color palettes, but because we consider it to be the all-in-one package at the best price!
- The custom character-builder allows you to customize 15+ facial features and 10+ accessory slots. You can create billions of character combinations.
- Animaker’s subscription plans are very pocket friendly
- The text-to-speech software enables you to humanize the voiceovers by adding breaks, breaths, emphasis, and whisper. It supports 25+ languages and 50+ voices. It has an auto lip-sync too
- It has a large collection of a 100M+ stock assets
- The brand management feature is available only in the Enterprise Plan of Animaker.
- 2K quality is available Pro Plan onwards.
Vyond is the newly revised name of GoAnimate. It is also a pretty good software if you’re looking to create professional looking cartoon videos. The only thing that’s holding it back is that it’s not as easy to use as Powtoon.
- Vyond has a very interesting collection of templates.
- It has a unique feature of automatic character lip synchronization.
- It lets you customize your character with a lot of scope for diversity within the same style of character.
- It is a bit too pricey.
- You lack the option of editing audio.
- The characters don’t look as attractive as the options offered by other players in the industry.
VideoScribe is the flag bearer of Whiteboard animation in the DIY video-making industry. It is a quality software that you should definitely try your hands on!
- It supports unlimited no. of downloads, hosting and creation in the paid plan.
- It has a large library of audio and visual elements including soundtracks.
- It has a simple 5 step interface with a lot of good DIY features.
- The software is limited to only whiteboard style of videos.
- It has a Free trial period of only 7 days.
Animatron is an easy-to-use tool. It also has a separate Lite mode, which is a simplified version that empowers those who have never had any animation experience before.
- The pre-animated characters that come with the software are fun to use.
- There is a good variety of graphics that you can use.
- Animatron has set up an active community in which people share their projects with each other and get valuable feedback.
- There is no email support for the free version
- The designs, transitions and animations do not come with ample choices.
Moovly was started just a year after Powtoon. It was created to serve as a video-making tool for corporate enterprises, small medium businesses, individual professionals, students and teachers.
- It is a very pocket-friendly tool.
- One unique feature of Moovly is the ability to use real videos as backgrounds.
- Custom library is available only in the enterprise plan.
- The user interface can be a bit more user-friendly.
RawShorts is a free platform for anyone who wants to make professional-looking videos for businesses. It is the only DIY video making tool in the market that has an AI engine. You can simple type in the script of your video to see it convert into one. Although, this is a step in the right direction, it looks like the AI feature isn’t completely ready yet.
- The final video output is of high quality.
- You can easily export and share the videos.
- The storage capacity is only 1 GB.
- Maximum no. of premium exports is limited to only 25.
Wideo as a tool can prove to be very helpful for SMBs, marketing professionals and digital agencies. It helps you produce videos quickly and easily with a lot of templates. It doesn’t even require a credit card to try its free version.
- It gives you the ability to control individual frames for detailed animation.
- It comes with a variety of tutorials and how-to articles.
- It is available in English, Spanish, Korean and Portuguese.
- The 1-minute limitation does not justify the basic package price of the software.
- There are no free subscription plans available. The free trial period is only for 7 days.
- The software is expensive as compared to its other competitors.
To conclude, we recommend that you go for Animaker, as it is the best Powtoon alternative and in some cases even better than the latter!
It’s pocket friendly, eye-pleasing and very user-friendly.
But, feel free to try your hands on other options as well and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!