Powtoon started back in 2011 and instantly became the master of the DIY video-making game. Its ease of use swept everyone off their feet and proved its worth.
It has been more than 7 years since then, and a lot of newer and more exciting fish have joined them in the ocean.
A detailed analysis of these Powtoon alternatives got us thinking if Powtoon still holds the position of the top-ranked tool or should we pass around the crown!
So, we decided to list down, what according to us are the 7 best alternatives to Powtoon in order of resourcefulness. Try your hands on them and let us know what you think!
Let’s start with the one that tops our list!
The reason why we’re ranking Animaker first is not just because of its cool animation characters and eye-pleasing color palettes, but because we consider it to be the all-in-one package at the best price!
- The custom character-builder allows you to customize 15+ facial features and 10+ accessory slots. You can create billions of character combinations.
- Animaker’s subscription plans are very pocket friendly
- The text-to-speech software enables you to humanize the voiceovers by adding breaks, breaths, emphasis, and whisper. It supports 25+ languages and 50+ voices. It has an auto lip-sync too
- It has a large collection of a 100M+ stock assets
- The brand management feature is available only in the Enterprise Plan of Animaker.
- 2K quality is available Pro Plan onwards.
Vyond is the newly revised name of GoAnimate. It is also a pretty good software if you’re looking to create professional looking cartoon videos. The only thing that’s holding it back is that it’s not as easy to use as Powtoon.
- Vyond has a very interesting collection of templates.
- It has a unique feature of automatic character lip synchronization.
- It lets you customize your character with a lot of scope for diversity within the same style of character.
- It is a bit too pricey.
- You lack the option of editing audio.
- The characters don’t look as attractive as the options offered by other players in the industry.
VideoScribe is the flag bearer of Whiteboard animation in the DIY video-making industry. It is a quality software that you should definitely try your hands on!
- It supports unlimited no. of downloads, hosting and creation in the paid plan.
- It has a large library of audio and visual elements including soundtracks.
- It has a simple 5 step interface with a lot of good DIY features.
- The software is limited to only whiteboard style of videos.
- It has a Free trial period of only 7 days.
4. Steve AI:
Steve AI, the world’s only AI video maker to create Live Action and Animation videos using Text.
All you need is a script and the revolutionary human-like AI picks the most contextual assets and puts together the video for you. Along with the text, you can now repurpose a blog to video and voice to video.
Steve AI offers a free forever plan that gives you access to a massive stock library, 3 video downloads, 3 premium music tracks, and 5 premium assets per month.
- This is a fully automated solution with AI assistance to save you thousands of hours in storyboarding, picking the right assets, stitching the video, customization, and publishing.
- Get access to 80k+ Premium Icons, Illustrations, And Vector Graphics, 70k+ Premium Background Music Tracks, and 200+ Pre-Built Video Scripts
- Unlimited Media Library (Images And Videos), Background, and Animated Characters including Animal characters, Kids Characters, and Plus-size Characters.
- You can now create multiple Video Styles – Live Action & Animation
- Options to add Branded Logo And Outros
- Access To Premium iStock, Getty Library, and Epidemic Music at A Discounted Price. Theme Palettes and exciting Templates to choose from.
- You can add voice-overs, record one from the app, or pick from the voice-over library with different accents.
- Create Videos Up to 20 Mins long in Square(1:1), Horizontal(16:9), and Vertical(9:16) formats.
- The Brand Kit is available only for the Pro plan
- 2k quality videos start from the Pro plan
Moovly was started just a year after Powtoon. It was created to serve as a video-making tool for corporate enterprises, small medium businesses, individual professionals, students and teachers.
- It is a very pocket-friendly tool.
- One unique feature of Moovly is the ability to use real videos as backgrounds.
- Custom library is available only in the enterprise plan.
- The user interface can be a bit more user-friendly.
RawShorts is a free platform for anyone who wants to make professional-looking videos for businesses. It is the only DIY video making tool in the market that has an AI engine. You can simple type in the script of your video to see it convert into one. Although, this is a step in the right direction, it looks like the AI feature isn’t completely ready yet.
- The final video output is of high quality.
- You can easily export and share the videos.
- The storage capacity is only 1 GB.
- Maximum no. of premium exports is limited to only 25.
Wideo as a tool can prove to be very helpful for SMBs, marketing professionals and digital agencies. It helps you produce videos quickly and easily with a lot of templates. It doesn’t even require a credit card to try its free version.
- It gives you the ability to control individual frames for detailed animation.
- It comes with a variety of tutorials and how-to articles.
- It is available in English, Spanish, Korean and Portuguese.
- The 1-minute limitation does not justify the basic package price of the software.
- There are no free subscription plans available. The free trial period is only for 7 days.
- The software is expensive as compared to its other competitors.
To conclude, we recommend that you go for Animaker, as it is the best Powtoon alternative and in some cases even better than the latter!
It’s pocket friendly, eye-pleasing and very user-friendly.
But, feel free to try your hands on other options as well and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!